Combine getting work experience in a foreign country with supporting a great cause by working at an NGO in Barcelona. The organization specialized in being a development agency for a number of African and Asian countries by providing sustainable and quality education to more than 63.000 children. In the last few years, the NGO has expanded its offices into various European countries like Germany, France, Italy, Sweden and Spain. The organization is proud of a volunteer-based approach and they are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to their cause. The internship, therefore, is unpaid, but some travel expenses will be reimbursed.
As the organization is looking for a business development intern to support their Barcelona office, the tasks are very diverse: as an intern you will be doing research on the industry, events and publications. Moreover, it will be your task to identify and contact potential business deals and partners. In addition, the NGO needs you to analyze market strategies and evaluate options to recommend equity investments as well as to examine and estimate risks and potentials and business partners’ needs and goals. Lastly, one of your tasks will be to close new business deals, negotiate contracts and to do research on funding sources.
- being highly motivated, thinking innovatively and being able to work independently
- study in a field related to business, marketing, economics, international relations or human rights
- good command of English
- knowledge of another European language is a plus
- good knowledge of MS Office and Social Media
- recommendation to bring your own laptop to work
- the location of the office in the heart of the city Barcelona
- supporting a great cause
- valuable experience in the third sector
- working in small, creative and very motivated team
Please contact us for more information.